Brand Marketing Lead
Brand Marketing Lead
Know The Origin is looking for an entrepreneurial professional to help build the Know The Origin brand.
The right candidate will be analytical, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills. They will be passionate about customer advocacy and building out consistent touch points on web, social and physical events. They will be able to grow, develop and build culture within the marketing team, managing a small team. They will drive growth through sales and building a loyal customer base and making the most of customer touch points, in order to feed into our broader Know The Origin goals.
Know The Origin is a fast-growing online shopping experience for sustainable lifestyle and fashion products. We’re creating the world's most robust sustainability standard for the world's most beautiful products. Bringing together the richest choice of certified brands. Making a sustainable lifestyle affordable for all. So that everyone can know the origin of their products, shopping guilt-free with total ease, total trust and total delight.
We are a small and ambitious team, in the last 12 months we’ve been featured on Forbes 30 under 30 Retail list, been listed as Ethical Consumer’s top rated brand, sold into 45+ countries, grown our instagram following organically to 74K and had 15,000 orders. We have raised a small seed round of investment in order to grow key roles in the business, rebrand, develop our marketing, build a new website, redesign our own label products and brand selection (to include higher profile and wider selection of brands).
- Work with the founder to set marketing strategy, goals and objectives using evidence based decision making
- Spot opportunities in the market and drive growth of the business through growing sales and customer base
- Plan, implement marketing strategy and manage effective marketing campaigns in line with the budget
- Determine and track KPIs for the marketing department
- Research the experience of the customer in interacting with Know The Origin, drive improvements and create a regular feedback loop
- Take responsibility for the look and content of the website, physical spaces, social media and other touch points including packaging to create a strong and consistent brand message.
- Build brand awareness through sourcing high growth opportunities. Plan and execute brand experiences to establish KTO as an authority in the sustainability sphere.
- Drive the evolution of our brand positioning, bringing it to life in a clear and consistent way that resonates with and motivates our target audiences.
- Write compelling, crisp copy for a variety of marketing channels.
- Grow, develop and build culture within the marketing team. Identify talent needs, hire and manage a high performing marketing team. During 2020 this role will initially manage social media lead, ecommerce administrator and multiple freelancers and agencies (creative, digital and media).
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Superb analytical skills, pay painstaking attention to important details, goal orientated and good time management
- Exercise high judgment, particularly in deadlines and quick decisions
- Demonstrated ability to lead, build culture and inspire a team
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Flexibility - this role will be varied, no day will be the same. You will be working on a small team, so there will be times when you will need to step outside your role to support the team.
- Passionate customer advocacy
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand and product
- Everyone is on their own sustainability journey, however you will need knowledge/insight into the sustainability sector in order to forge relationships and help guide our customers.
- React quickly to a changing landscape, while also thinking and acting long term
- Passionate and entrepreneurial spirit
- 3 years relevant minimum in a small-medium sized business, sustainability/environmental/ purposeful brands is a big plus
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Purpose based company
- £30K salary, pension and staff discount 25%
- 28 holiday days per year and one month optional unpaid sabbatical after three years
- Based in Bonded Warehouse in Manchester with opportunity for a flexible way of working
- Culture of development with an office library purchasing any book for you on your role, everybody expected to find a mentor and attend compulsory Bi-Monthly “KTO Talks” to learn about sustainable businesses.
- Breakfasts/dinners paid if working outside of hours
START DATE: Position is open for July onwards start.
TO APPLY: Applications will only be accepted via email before Friday 26th June. Please submit a CV and your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.