Fashion Buyer (Branded/ OwnBrand)
We are looking for an ambitious individual that can help build Know The Origin fashion branded and own label product range to ensure we have the best selection of sustainable brands. As a small business this role will be wide and every day will look different. We are looking for an individual that has excellent time keeping and won’t shy away from a challenge. This person should be a self-starter with keen passion for sustainable sourcing. They will plan, select and manage all branded product ranges for men’s, women’s and eventually move into other categories such as children’s and accessories. This person must be highly analytical, as they will be monitoring and creating budgets, sell through and weeks cover to ensure we have the right stock cover for each month. This person will have outstanding communication skills within tight deadlines, as they will ensure the product gets from selection through our sustainability, marketing and fulfilment team. They will be managing a wide range of brands to ensure we have the strongest selection of sustainable products. Along with developing our branded selection, they will work on our own label, with Fairtrade and organic producers in India and UK based freelance designer/ garment tech to ensure our own label is commercial and adding value to the producers that we work with.
Know The Origin is a fast-growing online shopping experience for sustainable lifestyle and fashion products. We’re creating the world's most robust sustainability standard for the world's most beautiful products. Bringing together the richest choice of certified brands. Making a sustainable lifestyle affordable for all. So that everyone can know the origin of their products, shopping guilt-free with total ease, total trust and total delight.
We are a small and ambitious team, in the last 12 months we’ve been featured on Forbes 30 under 30 Retail list, been listed as Ethical Consumer’s top rated brand, sold into 45+ countries, grown our instagram following organically to 100K and had 15,000 orders.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyse consumer buying patterns and predict future trends and react to changes in demand.
- Prepare and present the brand and range strategy for each season.
- Resourceful sourcing of new sustainable brands relevant to the Know The Origin brand on an ongoing basis; ensuring these are launched in line with seasonal plans.
- Communicating with platform brands on a regular basis and communicating trade performance. Negotiating stock swaps, markdown contribution and trade terms.
- Product technical knowledge to work closely with designer and garment technologist to create own label Fashion range.
- Maintain, build and develop strong working relationships with Fairtrade and organic producers in India.
- React to any issues and provide solutions to any supplier problems with supply/production.
- Create product critical path for own label and branded to ensure stock is delivered on time, conducting regular analysis across all brands and reacting to poor and good selling lines.
- Monitor stock holding and brand performance, identifying current and future trading opportunities
- Manage OTB budget and forecast plans for stock levels on own label and platform brands, regularly review performance indicators, such as sales and discount levels.
- Grow, develop and build culture within the buying team. Please note we are a small team of 4, so this will be a hands on role. We are looking for someone to grow with us.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 3+ years experience in buying (minimum Buying Assistant)
- Relevant experience; sustainability/environmental field a giant plus.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skill, comfortable with high level of responsibility in a fast-paced environment
- Superb analytical skills, pay painstaking attention to important details, goal orientated and good time management
- Good negotiation, written and verbal communications skills
- Exercise high judgment, particularly in deadlines and quick decisions
- A passion for retail, strong commercial awareness with good problem solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of buying and product development
- Self Motivated, ambitious and positive attitude
- Everyone is on their own sustainability journey, however you will need knowledge/insight into the sustainability sector in order to source the best brands for Know The Origin.
- Relevant experience; growing in a small-medium sized business, sustainability/environmental/ purposeful brands is a big plus
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Purpose based company
- £30K salary, bonus from 2021 and a pension
- Staff discount 25%
- 27 holiday days per year, 1 day paid volunteer time-off and one month optional unpaid sabbatical after three years
- Based in Bonded Warehouse in Manchester with opportunity for a flexible way of working
- Breakfasts/dinners paid if working outside of hours
PLACE OF WORK: Bonded Warehouse, Manchester, M3 4AP
START DATE: Position is open for immediate start
TO APPLY: Applications will only be accepted via email (email@example.com) before the 15th Sept. Please submit a CV and pdf presentation showing 10 high growth accessible sustainable fashion brands we should add to the Know The Origin fashion category in 2021.