Social Media Executive
Social Media Executive
Know The Origin is looking for a skilled Social Media executive from a fashion, beauty or footwear brand. This person will focus on growing a following and creating great content. Candidates need to be self-starters, be able to work at speed and be able to manage their own time effectively. You will work closely with the buying team to ensure new product launches are spoken about each week.
Know The Origin is a fast-growing online shopping experience for sustainable lifestyle and fashion products. We’re creating the world's most robust sustainability standard for the world's most beautiful products. Bringing together the richest choice of certified brands. Making a sustainable lifestyle affordable for all. So that everyone can know the origin of their products, shopping guilt-free with total ease, total trust and total delight.
We are a small and ambitious team, in the last 12 months we’ve been featured on Forbes 30 under 30 Retail list, been listed as Ethical Consumer’s top rated brand, sold into 45+ countries, grown our instagram following organically to 74K and had 15,000 orders. We have raised a small seed round of investment in order to grow key roles in the business, rebrand, develop our marketing, build a new website, redesign our own label products and brand selection to focus on a different customer base (equal male/female split).
- Develop innovative ideas, engaging customer centric content and campaigns to push the brand ahead of competition across (instagram grid and stories, twitter, facebook feed and groups, linkedin).
- Drive growth on instagram, facebook and twitter followings and engagements to meet our objectives.
- Source writers for our KTO talks and website content (new site launching July).
- Create strategy and execute content for unused channels such as twitter, pinterest, youtube and specialised instagram content channels for directed content.
- Manage diary of social events and upcoming fashion events
- Monitor and report social media stats using google analytics.
- Increase tagged customer content and customer reviews.
- Create high growth partnerships with sustainable brands to ensure our brand is visible with our target market.
- Manage and build relationships with press and influencers.
- Reaching out to sustainability directories to onboard Know The Origin.
- Set up speaking and blog opportunities.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Substantial experience working with brand with 100K+ following is a plus
- Curious and knowledgeable about sustainability and ethical living
- Expert knowledge of social media platforms’ front and back end, and how best to use them
- Ideally some working knowledge of use of photoshop and basic video editing software would be a plus, not a must.
- Strong copywriting skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to work under pressure and at a fast pace
- Excellent attention to detail and enjoys finding ways to measure data
- Enjoys variety and demonstrates creative flair
- Self-motivated, positive, uses initiative and problem solver
- Willingness to go beyond the call of duty to get the job done
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Purpose based company
- £20-22K, pension and staff discount 25%
- 28 holiday days per year and one month optional unpaid sabbatical after three years
- Based in Bonded Warehouse in Manchester with opportunity for a flexible way of working
- Culture of development with an office library purchasing any book for you on your role, everybody expected to find a mentor and attend compulsory Bi-Monthly “KTO Talks” to learn about sustainable businesses.
- Breakfasts/dinners paid if working outside of hours
START DATE: Position is open for immediate, July latest.
TO APPLY: Applications will only be accepted via email before the Friday 19th June midday (GMT). Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.